Lions is a community service organisation! People join Lions because they want to user their intellect, creativity, commitment and enthusiasm to get things done. This is where you can find out about the sorts of projects that your local Lions Club is doing. Like what you see? Get involved!
Our main Club Project is Toowoomba's Christmas Wonderland - a Christmas Light Display held in December each year in the Botanical Gardens Queens Park Toowoomba with some 4 acres under lights. Display is held from the first Saturday in December up to and including Christmas Eve. Funds raised from this project are donated to nominated charities - Lifeline Darling Downs, Toowoomba Hospice and Toowoomba Hospital Foundation. More details can be found on the website - www.christmaswonderland.com.au
Each Sunday we run the Lions Train at Lions Park Picnic Point Toowoomba. Rides are $1-00 each with proceeds being used for Community Service activities in the Community. We operate from 12 noon to 3 pm each Sunday weather permitting.
Other projects run by our Club are:
- Lions Christmas Cakes - From September to December each year promoting Cakes to the general public
- Lions Mints - sale of mint lollies in various outlets to the general public.
- Chocolate Sales - sale of chocolate bars to assist Lions Medical Research through the Lions Medical Research Personality Quest.
- Youth of the Year competition - our Club holds the competition in conjunction with the national competition and selects an entrant to progress to the Regional Judging.
- Host Toowoomba Down Syndrome Support Group families at Lions Camp Duckdang normally in March each year
- Mothers Day Classic Walk - held on mothers day to support National Breast Cancer Awareness